Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dry Tooling

Doesn't that sound like a dirty phrase? Derek and I went dry tooling this morning. It just sounds wrong. But it's not anything dirty at all, except for dirty in the literal sense that we were in the woods for our training session this morning.

Derek and I went out to a local boulder field to practice our technique for mixed climbing by 'dry tooling' and bouldering in boots and gloves. We also found a recently dead tree to practice tool swings and sticks. We didn't have a specific work-out to post here, but we did a variety of exercises to work our technique and my strength. I was pretty pleased with myself when I managed to keep my feet off the ground and move around a bit on an overhanging rock.

The next couple of posts will be pictures from this morning's excursion. I think they will do a much better job of explaining our training session than my words could.

No comments:

Post a Comment