Friday, December 2, 2011

Working for the Weekend

What an ambiguous song. I know a lot of folks love it but I find it really annoying. It's like music terrorism - you hear just the briefest snippet of that song and it's stuck in your head for days. UGH.

Anyway. Stupid song aside, it's an appropriate title for today's post because I will be working for the weekend. Not as in "working for the sake of the weekend" but as in "working for the whole weekend." See why I find this song so ambiguous?

This weekend is kind of huge.

It's my last weekend before the Tashka Trail Run. It's also the last weekend before my final finals in grad school. I didn't type 'final' twice on accident - these are my last finals before I graduate! Whoohoo!!!

Nothing like having my most momentous finals on the same weekend as a whammy of a race. This means that I'll spend THIS weekend desperately writing the big papers I've put off way too long while also trying to squeeze in my last long runs. To make the weekend even more exciting, I have a few other things on my to-do list (I'm a big list person).

Susan's Weekend To-Do's:
  • Bake goodies for PCG's Gear Demo on Monday
  • 13 mile trail run
  • 12-15 page paper on archives topic
  • Final project for special libraries course
  • Christmas shopping!
  • Clean car in preparation for road trip
  • Laundry 
  • Grocery shopping 
  • Normal life chores...
Whew! I'm tempted to add more just because I like making lists and there is more I need to get done soon, but also I know that I will be lucky just to get all this done -- Especially since I'm also reading Inheritance. It's the fourth and final book in the Eragon Inheritance Cycle - I can't put it down!!

Do you have any crazy weekend plans?


4 comments:

  1. All possible crazy weekend plans for me is interrupted by travel plans for work!...oh well next weekend should be off the hook...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a crazy weekend. I wish you the best! Don't study too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get tired just looking at your list. I, also, have a ton of things to do this weekend. What will probably happen is that I will go for a "quick" hike in the morning, and blow off Saturday altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I like your hiking plan Leauxra!

    ReplyDelete