Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Checking in at Table Rock

Last week, Susan and I moved up to the Outward Bound base camp at the foot of Table Rock Mountain.  Internet connectivity is limited, but I thought I would try to put up a few photos. 

Climbing above the clouds
My brother, Garrett, came by for a visit last weekend as well.  He helped us re-set the routes in the staff bouldering cave.  We also spent a rare above-the-clouds day on Table Rock.  Yesterday, Susan and I had a marathon day on Table Rock, climbing 13 pitches without having to get up before dawn or hike out after dark.  I could get used to living here.

On the summit with Garrett
The weather has been pleasant and mild thus far, though it started snowing today and looks like it will be highs in the 30s for a little while.  Who knows, maybe we'll get to climb some North Carolina ice!
Susan on the 6th pitch of the day yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having a great time because it sure sounds like you are!

    ReplyDelete