Saturday, August 18, 2012

New Year Resolution - Check In

Oh yes, I'm checking in with my 2012 New Year's Resolutions. I didn't forget them. With the upcoming life transitions, I thought that this would be a good time to review.

Here's how I've done so far:

1. Do 10 Pull Ups: I'm up to 8!

Peyote Cracks: Middle (5.9), and Right (5.8)
2. Lead a 5.9 Trad Route: DONE!!! I lead a short 5.9 finger/hand crack in Joshua Tree, CA. A huge thanks to Sam Latone for belaying me and supporting my goals while we were out there. He is an awesome climbing partner!

3. Lead of 5.10 Sport Route: Haven't even tried.

4. Quit Caffeine: Failing so hard. Ugh.

5. Visit My Grandparents: DONE!!! It was so wonderful to get to visit with them, even if the trip was way too short.

6. Write a Book: Progress - I found a friend to write with. But I haven't actually written... this one needs work. A lot of work.

How about you guys?

6 comments:

  1. Great job on your year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 thats awesome keep it up....

    I have always dreamed of writing a book myself, in today's self publishing era it sounds like it is more and more possible. What genera are u attempting to write?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I am doing medium well. Archery fell by the wayside. Climbing more 3rd class: getting another chance at adding a few peaks in two weeks. Daily Kaizen: probably best area. I got myself moved to a better job closer to a mountains into a house with veggie garden and chickens. The move disrupted my climbing goals for this year, but put me into a much better place for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed - the book we are going to write is a history of the North Carolina Outward Bound School, but I've always wanted to write romance novels (no laughing!)

    Sonja - that sounds like a wonderful new home! Where are you going in two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My climbing goals have been bleh but I'm getting into a better routine. There's still time until the New Year.

    I've always said I need to just write a romance novel and make some money so I can write what I really want. If you need an editor, I'm here. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete